Teaching the GEMS way and working with us
A full time teaching assistant (37.5 hours 8:30 till 4:30pm) and a part time teaching assistant (8:30 till 12) required to start as soon as possible.
Are you an experienced teaching assistant looking for a new challenge or someone who aspires to work with with children?
Didcot Primary Academy is looking for a full time teaching assistant to support additional needs within the classroom. We are looking for someone who has experience of working with children in the Early Years and has an understanding of the support needed for children with additional or challenging needs. In addition to the Teaching Assistant role there would also be half an hour of lunch time supervision.
We also require a part time teaching assistant working from 8:30am till 12 working within our KS1 department, supporting within class and carrying out individual and group interventions in order to accelerate progress.
Do you share our vision?
- All children can meet high academic expectations and develop high aspirations for their future.
- Basic skills such as literacy and numeracy underpin high self-esteem and academic achievement.
- Creative approaches and the arts engage and motivate children to love learning and be happy at school
- Flexibility and a desire to work with the Principal to teach and learn in different phases of the school develops a truly outstanding teacher
- Curriculum planning and schemes of work should develop our children to be caring global citizens and confident leaders, prepared for real world success
- An open learning and feedback culture leads to outstanding teaching and motivated teachers and pupils
- GEMS Didcot Primary Academy responds to the needs of the local families, engages fully with the community and is an outstanding school
GEMS Learning Trust is a not-for-profit enterprise affiliated to the global network of GEMS schools. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications on the NJC scale point 10 £15, 238 (full time)
Applicants should have experience of working with children of primary school age and in particular with the following skills:
- Excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- A good understanding of supporting and teaching the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- The ability to support individual children under the guidance of the class teacher
- The ability to work flexibly and as part of a team.
- A professional approach
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour.
If you are enthused by this opportunity and one of the above teaching posts, please download and complete the application form and return it to the Principal, Alison Ashcroft at firstname.lastname@example.org
We warmly welcome visits so that you can find out more about the school. Please contact Mrs Bethan Gorsuch our Office Manager on 07734 392160 to book an appointment.
The deadline for applications is noon Wednesday 5th October.
Interviews will be held in the w/c 10th October
click here for the job description and person specification
The GEMS Learning Trust is committed to equal opportunities and to the protection and safety of all pupils and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share these commitments. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.